church 2 sm

Malakwa United Church

In 1923 volunteers from Malakwa, Taft and Craigellachie built the Presbyterian church.  The church later became the property of the United Church of Canada.  Each summer a student Minister of the United Church came to live in the tiny manse and conduct services. Shortly after the church was built,
Read More
cenotaph winter lg

Malakwa Cenotaph

This photo of the Malakwa Cenotaph was taken during the winter of 1942/1943. In 1921 the Veteran’s Association erected a Cenotaph at Malakwa to commemorate those who had given their lives for peace. The plaque reads: Cpl. J.H. Anderson Pte. W. Waddell Pte. C.C. Jessop P.W. E. Wilson.   After Wor
Read More