This photo of the Malakwa Cenotaph was taken during the winter of 1942/1943. In 1921 the Veteran’s Association erected a Cenotaph at Malakwa to commemorate those who had given their lives for peace. The plaque reads: Cpl. J.H. Anderson Pte. W. Waddell Pte. C.C. Jessop P.W. E. Wilson. After Wor
The first Malakwa Community Hall was built by volunteers on the George Hall property in 1910. The hall hosted may dances, concerts, wedding receptions and even movies. The hall was torn down in 1980 when the new community hall was built.
Helmer Erikson was the first baby born in Malakwa in 1902. He was born to Erik and Hilda Erikson. Helmer and Mary Erikson took over the family farm, they had 5 children, back row: Emil and Hilda, front row: Victor, Elsie and Clarence.
The opening ceremonies of the Sutherland Highway in 1922 In 1922 the road between Revelstoke and the Okanagan was built. The photos and information was submitted for the 2002 Malakwa School’s 100th year celebration. According to the information provided, the link was made at Mala