In 1923 volunteers from Malakwa, Taft and Craigellachie built the Presbyterian church. The church later became the property of the United Church of Canada. Each summer a student Minister of the United Church came to live in the tiny manse and conduct services.
Shortly after the church was built, property was purchased by the United Church and the Roman Catholic Church for the use of a cemetery. The first person buried in the cemetery was Mrs. Anna Sederberg, she was laid to rest in 1926. Until that time burials were done on the property where one lived.